SubjectRe: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in closed source drivers?
> The clear part of your statement is your attitude toward our
> community. You express derision for the very idea of asking a company
> to contribute to free software. We are fortunate that Netscape, Sun,
> and IBM, and the people who won their partial cooperation, did not
> take your advice.

News flash: it's a well documented fact that there was nobody at Sun who
before or since has spent as much time as I have trying to free up Sun's
code.

Take a look at http://www.bitmover.com/lm/papers/srcos.html which Bob Young
credits as having a large influence on how Red Hat was set up, also well
documented.

Tell me again that I don't understand free software and that I'm against it
and all you do is make yourself look even more foolish. Whether you want
to resemble one of the wackos on soapbox in Hyde Park is up to you, but
that's what you look like.
--
---