SubjectRe: Bootscreen
Date
> though i have recently subscribed to this list (OMG, 30 mails/hour!), I've
> read the whole thread about this bootscreen thing... I see absolutely _no_
> reason why it should not be included in the kernel configuration, since there
> are patches available already to make it work, and there are already soo many
> useless options that adding another won't make a difference...

Many old options are also removed, though.

> I don't think adding the option to the kernel configuration would do any
> harm...exept that the kernel source may get enlarged by (200 kb?), and the
> kernel source gets enlarged every day anyway... 2.5 is HUGE compared to
> 2.2...

That's partly because it's a development tree. There are big efforts
to trim it down as much as possible.

I don't see any real advantage to putting in to the mainstream kernel
something which can be achieved easily with a custom bootloader, and
kernel options.

John.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.068 / U:0.208 seconds]