    SubjectRe: no version magic, tainting kernel.
    On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 12:58:40PM +1100, Rusty Russell wrote:
    > And then you'll die horribly next time Kai or I change the way modules
    > are built.
    >
    > Really, using the Makefiles is always the most future-proof way!
    I've actually converted my stuff to use the Makefiles, which does simplify
    things, but the problem I had was mainly with the whole vermagic.c stuff and
    needing a full source tree + compiled objects (or having the tree writeable
    by users who want to compile modules) around just to build my module.
    Anyway, Joel Becker, Christian Zander and others have eloquently voiced my
    complaints previously in this thread, so I won't go over them again :)

    As far as using the kernel build system, so far so good - it's nice, and
    builds things correctly though I'm having some trouble getting it to
    install my module correctly, which may just indicate that I need to re-read
    the docs.
    --Mark

    --
    Mark Fasheh