    SubjectRe: restructuring of filesystems config menu

    > Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 07:57:33 -0500 (EST)
    > From: Robert P. J. Day <>
    > Subject: restructuring of filesystems config menu
    > i've attached a gzipped patch against 2.5.56 for reorganizing
    > the filesystem menu under "make xconfig", and i'm certainly
    > open to feedback/comments/criticism/large sums of money.

    Good luck with those. :)

    I finally looked at this on 2.5.59. The fs menu certainly
    needs some help/work, so I'd like to see you keep plugging away
    at this. I didn't see much feedback -- was there feedback?
    Maybe on a different subject/thread? A newer version that I

    > some points about this patch:
    > 1) if anyone wants to carefully check the dependencies and
    > make sure they're correct, that would be nice.
    > 2) perhaps making sure the dependencies match the claims
    > in the help screens would be helpful. i noticed that
    > the help screens sometimes make dependency claims that
    > are wildly untrue, but i didn't want to mess with that
    > stuff yet as i wasn't totally comfortable.
    > 3) much to my delight, i found out by accident that i can
    > add leading asterisks to menu and config lines with no
    > effect on the eventual config step -- this makes it
    > wonderfully easy to edit and reorganize using emacs
    > outline mode, particularly showing subdependencies.

    I find it odd that "help" in a Kconfig file can be spelled
    "help" or "---help---", but "--help--" leads to errors.

    > is this just a fluke? obviously, it's easy enough to
    > strip out the leading asterisks in the final version,
    > but if they're not doing any harm, i'd just as soon
    > leave them in.

    I expected to just see the filesystems listed in alpha order,
    but I don't have a problem with the groupings that you
    have made for them.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.022 / U:13.048 seconds]