    SubjectRe: no version magic, tainting kernel.
    Thanks for your answers!

    I did not compile my module with a kernel Makefile, I used the very small and
    simple one attatched to this mail. So it seems I miss something when the
    module is linked and I have to know what I have to link to the module or
    which header-file I have to include...

    For me it seems link I have to link the init/vermagic.c file to my module, but
    how would this be possible if only the kernel includes were available??
    I think only these should be needed to compile a module...

    Thomas Schlichter

    Am Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2003 17:52 schrieb Sam Ravnborg:
    > What command did you use to build your module?
    > If you did no use:
    > make -C path/to/kernel/src SUBDIRS=$PWD modules
    > chances are big you did not compile the module correct.
    > This requires the Makefile to look like any other kernel (kbuild) makefile.
    > Sam
    # get current release for include path
    RELEASE = $(shell uname -r)

    # set compile flags, defines and include directory
    CFLAGS = -Wall -O2 -fno-common
    INCLUDES = -I/lib/modules/$(RELEASE)/build/include

    all: tlbstat.o

    tlbstat.o: tlbstat.c
    gcc -c $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) $(DEFINES) $<

    rm -f tlbstat.o *~ core

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.024 / U:7.064 seconds]