    SubjectRe: Linux application level timers?

    You can also use the poll() system call. The last arguement
    of this system call is the timeout value is milli-seconds.
    When timeout is occurred it will return 0. Refer the
    manual page for more details.

    hope this helps you,
    --
    Narsimha Reddy CH
    Storage Area Networking, HCL Technologies

    http://san.hcltech.com
    http://www.hcltech.com