    SubjectRe: Expand VM
    On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:40:14 -0300, User & said:
    > Create a new VMA on Linux B for Linux A is easy , but i have a problem , the
    > address of VMA is returned on Linux B , so the VMA created on Linux B can not

    > be used for process of linux A.

    It's unclear whether you're just trying to use B for added swap space, or
    if you want B to actually run code.

    If it's the former, all you have to do is allocate a lot of disk space on B,
    and NFS export it to A, and then have A mount it (you might need to
    use a loopback mount of a file on the NFS partition and then 'swapon' the
    loopback - I dont think swapon will directly take an NFS file)

    > The problem is "how can i return address of VMA created on LINUX B to Linux
    > A , and use this space ?".

    If you're trying to get B to actually run code, it gets a lot more messy, as
    you have to worry about open file descriptors, race conditions, and many
    other things.
    Valdis Kletnieks
    Computer Systems Senior Engineer
    Virginia Tech

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.024 / U:145.820 seconds]