SubjectRe: Expand VM
Hi Valdis

Create a new VMA on Linux B for Linux A is easy , but i have a problem , the
address of VMA is returned on Linux B , so the VMA created on Linux B can not
be used for process of linux A.
The problem is "how can i return address of VMA created on LINUX B to Linux
A , and use this space ?".

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:55:38 -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks wrote
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:56:27 -0300, User &
> <> said:
> > I have one idea , and this is about expand virtual memory on linux boxes
> > connected in LAN.
> > Example: Linux A is processing come information , and need more memory ,
> > with this source , Linux A could access virtual memory on Linux B in LAN.
> We've seen *this* done before (remember diskless Sun3-50's?) - the /dev/swap
> file would be a large file on an NFS mount from a server. At the
> time, this actually made performance sense, because the old
> 'Shoebox' drives the -50 came with were incredibly slow, and you
> could actually do an NFS operation to a larger server (a -280 with
> Fujitsu SuperEagle disks, for instance) faster than talking to the
> local disk.
> These days, it's probably easier and cheaper to just buy more RAM
> and/or disk for Linux A.
> > But i don´t know how translate the virtual address between Linux A and
B , to