    SubjectRe: common RODATA in (2.5.59)
    Sam Ravnborg <> writes:
    > > [To be honest, I think the stuff with `LOAD_OFFSET' is a bit of a waste;
    > > it seems cleaner to just have archs define their own sections as
    > > appropriate, and use RODATA_CONTENTS directly -- it's the input sections
    > > and related symbols that are always changing (and so better centralized),
    > > after all, not the output sections.]
    > There were some reports of failed boots that boiled down to
    > mis-alignment of a single section.
    > With your suggestion we will end up in the same problem.
    > __start_ksymbtab will in some cases have a value less than the actual
    > start of the first symbol.

    Then it would seem an alignment directive should probably be included
    before __start_ksymbtab (and possibly other places). [but I can't see
    what it has to do with having separate sections or not.]

    "Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
    where four map sheets join." -- Anon. British Officer in WW I

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.051 / U:219.060 seconds]