    SubjectRe: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in closed source drivers?
    On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 10:32:30PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
    > But we could make do with even less cooperation than that. If they
    > just provide the necessary specs to a person who wants to extend the
    > free drivers that exist, that would be sufficient.

    Yeah, if only the company that has invested millions in trying to scratch
    out a place to stand, if only they would give us their intellectual
    property for free, if only, why then we could steal that IP and give it
    to other people. And it would take us less time to do it if they would
    only cooperate. Why won't they cooperate?

    How dare they not give of the fruits of their labors for free.

    Give it up, Stallman, we live in a capitalistic world. The Russians
    tried communism and it didn't work. It won't work here either, the
    kernel folks aren't that stupid. Some people actually do learn from
    history.
    --
    ---