    SubjectRe: Is the BitKeeper network protocol documented?
    On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:36:12 -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:

    >Moral: Let's not get silly here...

    Don't blame me. The GPL just says the "preferred" form and leaves us
    to wonder. As I understand it, however, you cannot ship binaries of a
    GPL'd project unless you can distribute the source code in the
    "preferred form .. for making modifications to it".

    I'm still perplexed what you do if the preferred modification form
    for a work requires consent to a license more restrictive than the
    GPL in order to make modifications to it. As I see it, you just can't
    GPL such a project.

    And you can't take a GPL'd work and turn it into a non-GPL'd work
    and continue to distribute binaries.

    DS

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.019 / U:0.108 seconds]