SubjectRe: any brand recomendation for a linux laptop ?
Am Fre, 2003-01-17 um 14.54 schrieb Henning P. Schmiedehausen:

> One button mouse. Unusable keyboard --> Trash Can. An Apple notebook is
> nice for, well, DVD watching and web surfing. Not for real work.

FUD. The keyboard is a matter of taste and I for one haven't seen a
better one fitting my typing needs. One mouse button is not a problem
on the road, because I rarely need a mouse at all and the others are
emulated. When really needing a mouse a trackpad is not a solution
anyway because it often doesn't come with a scrollwheel (which would
disqualify most notebooks but a few Sony Vaios anyway), solution is
an external mouse which I always have with me (and also had to have with
any other notebook I had so far FWIW).

You can see quite a few developers in the opensource scene with an Apple
notebook and you would be surprised where some applications would be
today if those notebooks where "not for real work".

--
Servus,
Daniel

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.140 / U:0.280 seconds]