SubjectRe: 2.4.21-pre3-ac4 oops in free_pages_ok
* Tupshin Harper <>:
> There are multiple other threads about this problem recently. One
> started by me, as well as a few others.
> The consensus is that it's a problem in the ac tree, and is not present
> in 2.4.21-pre3.

> Some people seem to avoid the problem by disabling highmem, but this
> doesn't work for me. Quota has been mentioned as a possible culprit, but
> disabling that also doesn't help me.

Correct. I use neither himem nor quotas, still it crashes.

> The ac changes to mm/shmem.c are
> still a possibility, though one reporter seems to have tried that
> without any success.

Yup, I tried that. No go.

> The remaining candidate that has been mentioned to
> me is the buffer cache changes in the ac tree, this seems moderately
> likely. I don't see any obvious way to break out those changes from
> Alan's large ac4 patch, so I emailed him hoping to get a patch free of
> those changes, but I haven't heard back yet(it's been 9 hours
> dare he ignore me ;-).

Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V a)
Charite Campus Mitte Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155
Referat V a - Kommunikationsnetze - Fax. +49 (0)30-450 570-916
"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897