    SubjectRe: 2.4.21-pre3-ac4 oops in free_pages_ok
    * Tupshin Harper <>:
    > There are multiple other threads about this problem recently. One
    > started by me, as well as a few others.
    > The consensus is that it's a problem in the ac tree, and is not present
    > in 2.4.21-pre3.

    > Some people seem to avoid the problem by disabling highmem, but this
    > doesn't work for me. Quota has been mentioned as a possible culprit, but
    > disabling that also doesn't help me.

    Correct. I use neither himem nor quotas, still it crashes.

    > The ac changes to mm/shmem.c are
    > still a possibility, though one reporter seems to have tried that
    > without any success.

    Yup, I tried that. No go.

    > The remaining candidate that has been mentioned to
    > me is the buffer cache changes in the ac tree, this seems moderately
    > likely. I don't see any obvious way to break out those changes from
    > Alan's large ac4 patch, so I emailed him hoping to get a patch free of
    > those changes, but I haven't heard back yet(it's been 9 hours
    > dare he ignore me ;-).

    Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V a)
    Charite Campus Mitte Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155
    Referat V a - Kommunikationsnetze - Fax. +49 (0)30-450 570-916
    "The report of my death was an exaggeration."
    -Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.022 / U:0.068 seconds]