    SubjectRe: any brand recomendation for a linux laptop ?
    Am Don, 2003-01-16 um 16.37 schrieb Jan-Benedict Glaw:

    > > I like the T23 myself. Wireless, ethernet, modem, DVD, fast.

    > Serial modem, or some winmodem type? I'd prefer to have a "real" modem,
    > though...

    FWIW I prefer Apple notebooks, not only because they feature all of
    these but are also cheaper, not so heavy and last much longer on
    battery. And one gets easily addicted to the look and the nifty features
    (like Gigabit ethernet, size, screen dimensions, keyboard, DVI, DVD
    burner [in no particular order]). The current models (modulo the newly
    introduced ones two weeks ago) are working nicely including a real
    powersafe mode; the new PowerBooks will probably cause troubles because
    of the $§"%§%$ NVidia GPU....

    I do have a PowerBook G4 500 and a brandnew iBook 800, the former now
    lasting longer than any other notebook I've ever had (Compaq, Toshiba,
    IBM).

    --
    Servus,
    Daniel

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.019 / U:3.140 seconds]