Subject[FB BK updates]

More updates and fixes for the framebuffer layer.

The standard diff is at

http://phoenix.infradead.org/~jsimmons/fbdev.diff.gz

Linus, please do a

bk pull http://fbdev.bkbits.net:8080/fbdev-2.5

This will update the following files:

drivers/video/tridentfb.h | 169 ----
include/video/font.h | 24
arch/m68k/kernel/m68k_defs.c | 2
drivers/video/Kconfig | 2
drivers/video/Makefile | 9
drivers/video/aty/atyfb.h | 1
drivers/video/aty/atyfb_base.c | 93 --
drivers/video/aty/mach64_accel.c | 12
drivers/video/cfbcopyarea.c | 85 +-
drivers/video/cfbfillrect.c | 22
drivers/video/cfbimgblt.c | 146 +--
drivers/video/console/Kconfig | 14
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c | 95 +-
drivers/video/console/sticon.c | 101 +-
drivers/video/console/sticore.c | 159 ++--
drivers/video/fbmem.c | 17
drivers/video/fbmon.c | 411 ++++++++++
drivers/video/i810/i810.h | 2
drivers/video/i810/i810_accel.c | 11
drivers/video/i810/i810_dvt.c | 2
drivers/video/i810/i810_main.c | 51 -
drivers/video/i810/i810_main.h | 79 --
drivers/video/riva/Makefile | 2
drivers/video/riva/fbdev.c | 1470 ++++++++++++++++++---------------------
drivers/video/riva/nv_driver.c | 212 +++++
drivers/video/riva/riva_hw.c | 350 +++++++--
drivers/video/riva/rivafb.h | 15
drivers/video/sstfb.c | 711 +++++++++---------
drivers/video/sstfb.h | 31
drivers/video/sticore.h | 58 -
drivers/video/stifb.c | 103 ++
drivers/video/tdfxfb.c | 12
drivers/video/tridentfb.c | 1213 +++++++++++++++-----------------
include/linux/fb.h | 13
include/linux/font.h | 30
include/video/trident.h | 175 ++++

through these ChangeSets:

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/01/14 1.898)
[GENERIC IMAGEBLIT ACCEL]

a) Fix for cfb_imagblit so it can handle monochrome bitmaps with widths
not multiples of 8.

b) Further optiminzation of fast_imageblit by removing unnecessary steps
from its main loop.

c) fast_imageblit show now work for bitmaps widths which are least
divisible by 4. 4x6 and 12x22 shoudl use fast_imageblit now.

d) Use hadrware syncing method of hardware if present.

e) trivial: wrap text at 80 columns.

[RIVA and 3DFX] imageblit functions busted for large images. Use generic
functions for now.

Several syncing issues fixed between the accel engine and access to the
framebuffer in several files.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/01/11 1.891)
[TRIDENT FBDEV] Driver ported to the new api.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/01/10 1.887.1.4)
Final updates to the GTF code. Now the code can gnerate GTF timings
regardless of the validity of info->monospecs.

[ATYFB] Updates to the aty driver.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/01/08 1.887.1.1)
Remove fb_set_var. Some how it was missed in a merge conflict.

<jsimmons@kozmo.(none)> (03/01/08 1.889)
[ATY] Somehow a merge mistake happened. We removed fb_set_var.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/01/08 1.887)
[MONITOR support] GTF support for VESA complaint monitors. Here we
calculate the general timings needed so we don't over step the bounds
for a monitor.

[fbmem.c cleanup] Name change to make the code easier to read.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/01/07 1.879.2.95)
Updates from Helge Deller for the console/fbdev drivers for the PARISC
platform. Small fix for clearing the screen and a string typo for the
Voodoo 1/2 driver.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/01/06 1.879.2.93)
[RIVA FBDEV] Driver now uses its own fb_open and fb_release function again.
It has no ill effects. The drivers uses strickly hardware acceleration
so we don't need cfb_fillrect and cfb_copyarea.

Cleaned up font.h. Geerts orignal patch broke them up into a font.h in
video and one in linux. Now I put them back together again in
include/linux. The m68k platform has been updated for this change.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/01/06 1.879.2.92)
Added resize support for the framebuffer console. Now you can change the
console size via stty. Also support for color palette changing on VC
switch is supported.

<jsimmons@maxwell.earthlink.net> (03/01/06 1.879.2.91)
I810 fbdev updates. Cursor fix for ati mach 64 cards on big endian
machines. Buffer over flow fix for fbcon putcs function. C99 initializers
for the STI console drivers.Voodoo 1/2 and NVIDIA driver updates.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.477 / U:0.300 seconds]