    SubjectRe: [RFC] Consolidate files

    Kai> I would suggest an approach like the following, of course
    Kai> showing only a first simple step. A series of steps like this
    Kai> should allow for a serious reduction in size of
    Kai> arch/*/ already, while being obviously correct and
    Kai> allowing archs to do their own special thing if necessary (in
    Kai> particular, IA64 seems to differ from all the other archs).

    The only real difference for the ia64 is that it
    generates correct physical addressess, so that the boot loader doesn't
    have to know anything about the virtual layout of the kernel.
    Something that might be useful for other arches as well...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.019 / U:38.808 seconds]