    SubjectRe: any chance of 2.6.0-test*?
    On January 12, 2003 03:48 pm, Rob Wilkens wrote:
    > As someone else pointed out, it's provable that goto isn't needed, and
    > given that C is a minimalist language, I'm not sure why it was included.

    You should really try to post one controversial thing at a time... :)
    Anyway, all programming languages (minimalistic or not) are Turing
    complete, maybe you want to program in Turing-machine language?

    On a side note, I do hope you realize that Linus & Co. are considered
    by smart people in the business as being some of the best. And for good
    reason, too. That is to say, they are held in high esteem by a lot of
    very, _very_ smart people, based on their continuous review of the
    exceptional work done on the kernel. Now, doesn't it strike you a little
    bit odd that you come in here and find all this obvious "problems"?
    How come you are the only one seeing all thing things that any 1st year
    CS student should be able to spot, yet hundreds of the brightest minds
    in the business failed to notice?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.029 / U:9.496 seconds]