    SubjectRe: NGPT 2.2.0 RELEASED: TOPS LINUXTHREADS AND NPTL IN SCALABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
    Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:

    >On Friday 10 January 2003 20:58, Bill Abt wrote:
    >
    >Hi Bill,
    >

    >>In this release, the primary focus was performance. Significant
    >>performance and scalability enhance-
    >>ments have been made to this release making it the fastest and most
    >>scalable POSIX compliant
    >>threads package available on the Linux platform.
    >>

    >hmm, can this be true?

    The benchmarks are likely an accurate, good faith
    measurement of the stated systems, and ngpt is
    obviously an improvement over the old linuxthreads -

    But according to my understanding, a more accurate
    measure of nptl performance would require a current
    glibc, with the nptl-specific enhancements -

    or am I missing something here?

    Joe

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.019 / U:4.168 seconds]