SubjectRe: ide drive dying?
DevilKin wrote:
> Luckely I've been able to backup everything from the disk, and I'm running the
> DFT now. The tests showed bad sectors, i'm currently running a disk erase.
I have had sucess in firmware-upgrading these drives, after which all
problems were gone forever.

You can download the firmware programs from There are both upgrade for 75GXP and
60GXP, or you could contact IBM for the firmware upgrade - They are not
available on the ibm site. The programs are Windows thingies, which
creates a floppy to be booted.

Anders Fugmann