SubjectRe: Disabled accounts
Rik van Riel wrote:
> The SPEWS listing looks correct ...

Except, at the very least, the netmask. I have also been unable to
verify a DNS server operating at the claimed address when I have poked
at it.

>>Please note that The Kernel Dot Org Organization do not endorse or
>>support spam in any shape, way or form,
> ... but you would, if you were a paying customer of the ISP.

We are living on donated bandwidth, which is hard enough to get. I have
complained to our sponsor in the hope that they will complain to the
ISP, but you can imagine how well that goes over. I can't do much.

>>and certainly do not recognize any sort of "right to spam."
> Being a blacklist operator myself (DSBL I
> may surprise you that I _do_ think spammers have a right of
> free speech and a right to spam. It's just that I also think
> nobody has an obligation to listen, everybody can accept or
> deny any email they want for any random reason .. after all,
> if it's your mail server, you get to decide what to do with
> your private property.

I would agree with you, *if* I could put "[NO UCE]" in my SMTP server
banner and have the spammers disconnect. As it is, they are wasting my
time, resources, and again, mostly to commit crimes (fraud, theft of
service, ...)