    SubjectRe: Early SPECWeb99 results on 2.5.33 with TSO on e1000
    From
       From: Gerrit Huizenga <gh@us.ibm.com>
    Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 10:26:04 -0700

    One of our goals is to actually take the next generation of the most
    common "large system" web server and get it to scale along the lines
    of Tux or some of the other servers which are more common on the
    small machines. For some reasons, big corporate customers want lots
    of features that are in a web server like apache and would also like
    the performance on their 8-CPU or 16-CPU machine to not suck at the
    same time. High ideals, I know, wanting all features *and* performance
    from the same tool... Next thing you know they'll want reliability
    or some such thing.

    Why does Tux keep you from taking advantage of all the
    feature of Apache? Anything Tux doesn't handle in it's
    fast path is simple fed up to Apache.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:2.153 / U:0.248 seconds]