    SubjectRe: [RFC] mount flag "direct" (fwd)
    On 2002-09-03T18:29:02,
    "Peter T. Breuer" <> said:

    > > Lets say you have a perfect locking mechanism, a fake SCSI layer
    > OK.

    BTW, I would like to see your perfect distributed locking mechanism.

    > The directory entry would ceryainly have to be reread after a write
    > operation on disk that touched it - or more simply, the directory entry
    > would hvae to be reread every time it were needed, i.e. be uncached.

    *ouch* Sure. Right. You just have to read it from scratch every time. How
    would you make readdir work?

    > If that presently is not possible, then I would like to think about
    > making it possible.

    Just please, tell us why.

    Lars Marowsky-Brée <>

    Immortality is an adequate definition of high availability for me.
    --- Gregory F. Pfister

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.027 / U:23.140 seconds]