SubjectRe: [RFC] mount flag "direct" (fwd)
On 2002-09-03T18:29:02,
"Peter T. Breuer" <ptb@it.uc3m.es> said:

> > Lets say you have a perfect locking mechanism, a fake SCSI layer
> OK.

BTW, I would like to see your perfect distributed locking mechanism.

> The directory entry would ceryainly have to be reread after a write
> operation on disk that touched it - or more simply, the directory entry
> would hvae to be reread every time it were needed, i.e. be uncached.

*ouch* Sure. Right. You just have to read it from scratch every time. How
would you make readdir work?

> If that presently is not possible, then I would like to think about
> making it possible.

Just please, tell us why.

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
Immortality is an adequate definition of high availability for me.
--- Gregory F. Pfister