SubjectRe: v2.6 vs v3.0
On Sun, 2002-09-29 at 02:14, james wrote:
> How many people are sitting on the sidelines waiting for guarantee that ide is
> not going to blow up on our filesystems and take our data with it. Guarantee
> that ide is working and not dangerous to our data, then I bet a lot more
> people will come back and bang on 2.5.

I can tell you right now that I am one of these. I usually would have
been involved in testing it for my situations/needs several months ago,
but I have been very leary of the IDE and block changes. I have one
machine (a router) that I could test it on if I knew that the dangers of
IDE and block were at least low and that the IPv4 and associated
networking connection tracking and NAT stuff worked.

Trever

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans