    SubjectRe: v2.6 vs v3.0
    On Sun, 2002-09-29 at 02:14, james wrote:
    > How many people are sitting on the sidelines waiting for guarantee that ide is
    > not going to blow up on our filesystems and take our data with it. Guarantee
    > that ide is working and not dangerous to our data, then I bet a lot more
    > people will come back and bang on 2.5.

    I can tell you right now that I am one of these. I usually would have
    been involved in testing it for my situations/needs several months ago,
    but I have been very leary of the IDE and block changes. I have one
    machine (a router) that I could test it on if I knew that the dangers of
    IDE and block were at least low and that the IPv4 and associated
    networking connection tracking and NAT stuff worked.

    Trever

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.020 / U:1.176 seconds]