SubjectRe: v2.6 vs v3.0
Date
> The block IO cleanups are important, and that was the major thing _I_
> personally wanted from the 2.5.x tree when it was opened. I agree with you
> there. But I don't think they are major-number-material.

I'd definitely have voted for stable IPV6 being a 3.0.x requirement, but I guess it's a bit late now :-/

> Anyway, people who are having VM trouble with the current 2.5.x series,
> please _complain_, and tell what your workload is. Don't sit silent and
> make us think we're good to go.. And if Ingo is right, I'll do the 3.0.x
> thing.

I think the broken IDE in 2.5.x has meant that it got seriously less testing overall than previous development trees :-(. Maybe after halloween when it stabilises a bit more we'll get more reports in.

John

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans