    SubjectRe: [BUG] apm resume hangs on IBM T22 with 2.4.19 (harddrive sleeps forever)
    On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:58:11 +0200 (CEST) Karel Gardas <kgardas@objectsecurity.com> wrote:

    > I have problem with resume from suspend on IBM T22 with kernel 2.4.19
    > patched with rmap-14a and usagi-20020916. Actually the problem is that OS
    > resume well from suspend (it prints some messages to console for example
    > from FW droping some packets), but harddisc is still sleeping and never
    > wake up...

    I have a T22 and run 2.4.20-pre5 and 2.4.19-pre8 with no patches and
    have no problems resuming from suspend.

    > Kernel is compiled with frame-buffer support and I always run XFree now at
    > version 4.1.0. I've tested suspend/resume cycle with X and without them
    > but the behavior is still the same - harddisc sleeps forever (or to reset)
    > - as I said kernel seems to run, there is 50-70% chance that console
    > (graphics) resume well and so I'm even able to type some command into
    > xterm (like cd /usr; find), but then it hangs on sleeping harddisc. Magic
    > system request keys are working too.

    My system is set up to always switch VTs (away from X) when it suspends
    and back when it resumes.

    > Kernel is compiled with Debian's gcc 2.95.4/binutils 2.12.90.0.1. Full
    > config is attached to this email. I have to add that I've not experienced
    > such problems with 2.4.18 - patched with older version of usagi and
    > rmap-12<something> yet. It always waits a bit after resume, but harddrive
    > is always finally woken up.
    >
    > Any other information which I have to provide you for better debugging
    > this problem?

    All I can suggest is that you try 2.4.19 without any patches, then with
    the rmap patch and then with only the USAGI patch and see if that makes
    any difference.

    --
    Cheers,
    Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au