    SubjectRe: Problems accessing USB Mass Storage
    On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 19:22, Randy.Dunlap wrote:

    > This is a bit like what we (JE, David Brownell, and I) saw at
    > the USB plugfest in 1999. We had a camera device that we
    > couldn't mount as a filesystem, but we could dd it.
    > When we did that and studied the dd-ed file, we could see a
    > FAT filesystem beginning after the first <N> blocks (but more than
    > 25 sectors IIRC -- more like after 50-100 KB, or maybe even more).

    Sorry to sound a bit bewildered, but would be the next best thing for me
    to do on this?,
    I have also been advised by Jonathan Corbet
    to use dd to copy your card to disk with an offset of 25

    looking through the info and man pages for dd, I can find no mention of
    offset at all, the next best thing I could find was the command option

    Sorry to sound abit overwhelmed.

    To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;
    to steal from many is research.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.018 / U:4.780 seconds]