SubjectRe: 2.4 and full ipv6 - will it happen?
Dear diary, on Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 06:37:19AM CEST, I got a letter,
where "David S. Miller" <davem@redhat.com> told me, that...
> Full IPv6 stack is beeing mantained by USAGI project.
>
> Yes, and based upon previous attempts to get them to merge their work
> into the mainline, we believe at this point that they actually enjoy
> being a totally seperate project and not merging completely is a
> feature for them.
>
> USAGI may only accept that comment, and the only way they may
> disprove it is to merge their code to us as we have continually
> requested them to do so.

FYI, early at this morning (UTC), Yuji Sekiya <sekiya@sfc.wide.ad.jp> wrote on
the USAGI list:

======

> Is there any chance the work of the USAGI project will
> be included in the vanilla kernel(2.4?/2.5?) in the near
> future? Will we see better ipv6 support in 2.6 ?

Yes, we will send patches to mainline kernel.
At least we will send the below patches by end of Setpember.
We are now working.

- IPv6 default route fix
- Source address seletcion
- Privacy extension
- IPv4/IPv6 double bind
- NDP timer improvement
- IPsec for IPv6

======

So, let's watch them and hope that they will fulfill this and send some usable
patches to you..

PS: Sorry for replying to such an old thread, I only thought that people not
subscribed on the USAGI mailing list may be still interested in this.

--

Petr "Pasky" Baudis

* ELinks maintainer * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
* IRCnet operator * FreeCiv AI occassional hacker
.
<Beeth> Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
<honx> Well, you can still get one from a strange country :-P
.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.836 / U:0.236 seconds]