> If I understood Andrew right with the inode flag that won't purge anything
> until the next userspace access. I don't think that is what smbfs wants
> since the response to the oplock break should happen fairly soon ...

Well the lazy invalidation would be OK - defer that to the next
userspace access, or just let the pages die a natural VM death,
maybe poke `ksmbinvalidated'.

But if you want to perform writeback within the local IO daemon
then hm. That's a problem which NFS seems to not have? I guess
you'd have to leave i_sem held and poke `ksmbwritebackd'. Or teach
pdflush about queued work items (a tq_struct would do it).

But it's the same story: the requirements of

a) non blocking local IO daemon and

b) assured pagecache takedown

are conflicting. You need at least one more thread, and locking
against userspace activity.