    SubjectRe: [BK] PATCH ReiserFS 1 of 3 RESEND
    torvalds@transmeta.com (Linus Torvalds)  wrote on 09.09.02 in <Pine.LNX.4.44.0209090831240.1641-100000@home.transmeta.com>:

    > where "reload.namesys.com" is not in the MX domain:
    >
    > dig -t MX reload.namesys.com

    ... i.e., does not have a MX record.

    > (Yes, I realize that both addresses likely work perfectly fine, and that

    Since the RFCs *demand* that an address mentioned in mail has an MX
    record, and the fallback to A records was not, until recently, described,
    there probably are some mailers that cannot deliver mail to that address.
    Which, in my book, counts as "not perfectly fine", even though I admit
    those mailers are probably in a minority as, sadly, this particular
    disease is pretty widespread.

    Still. I personally count it as a bug just the same as using an implicit
    extern to call a function.

    > [ Cc to linux-kernel left intact not to publicly castigate Hans, but
    > because I know this is true for some other people too. ]

    Similar here.

    MfG Kai

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.025 / U:61.628 seconds]