    SubjectRe: [patch] tls-2.5.30-A1
    Linus Torvalds <> writes:

    > Ok, sounds like that one ends up having to be a fixed segment (I wonder if
    > Wine can take advantage of it? looks like it is hardcoded to base 0x400,
    > which is probably fine for Wine anyway - just map something at the right
    > address - but it looks CPL0 only? Might be ok to just make it available to
    > user space).

    Base 0x400 should work just fine for Wine, we already need to have the
    BIOS data mapped there anyway, so simply making the selector available
    to user space would work completely transparently for us. We are
    currently trapping and emulating accesses to that selector so it
    doesn't matter much whether it is protected or not, except for a small
    performance gain. What would break Wine is if that selector was made
    accessible to user space with a different base address, so this should
    be avoided.

    Alexandre Julliard

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.027 / U:2.776 seconds]