SubjectRe: [BUG+FIX] 2.4 buggercache sucks
>> Was your workload doing lots of reads, or lots of writes? Or both?
> I was downloading large files @ ~ 4Mbps from 20-50 clients - filesize ~3GB
> the box has 1GB memory minus (no highmem) - so - 900 megs. After some time it
> starts swapping and it OOMs. Same happens with several userspace httpd's

Mmmm .... not quite sure which way round to read that. Presumably the box
that was the server fell over, and the clients are fine? So the workload that's
causing problems is doing predominantly reads? If so, I suggest you tear down
Andrew's patch to read side only, and submit that ... I get the feeling that would
be acceptable, and would solve your problem.