    SubjectRe: No Subject

    On 3 Aug 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

    > On Sat, 2002-08-03 at 20:26, Pawel Kot wrote:
    > > What helped me was using fixup_device_piix() from -ac in
    > > ide_scan_pcidev(). My controler's ID is DEVID_ICH3M.
    > > It is used in a different, more generic way in -ac, so I don't post the
    > > patch.
    > >
    > > Alan, Marcelo: is there any chance that this change will be ported from
    > > -ac in 2.4.20?
    > I plan to send Marcelo all the IDE updates. Note btw the checking of the
    > return value on pci_enable_device is critical - some old kernels hang on
    > boot with crappy bioses through not checking.

    Of course it is critical :-).

    > What I begin to the think the right answer is, is to relax the IDE fixup
    > block in the i386 kernel boot up. Right now we avoid assigning
    > unassigned resources for IDE controllers. Clearly we should be doing so.

    I think so.
    Andre what do you think?

    And one more thing in ide-pci.c:ide_setup_pci_device() after explicitly
    enabling device's IOs we may need to update dev->resource and we don't
    do this (we place chipset in native mode so i.e. on VIA base addresses
    are just showing up). How to update them?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.026 / U:0.888 seconds]