   From: Hubertus Franke <>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 16:53:39 -0400

Does that mean that BSD already has page coloring implemented ?

FreeBSD has had page coloring for quite some time.

Because they don't use buddy lists and don't allow higher-order
allocations fundamentally in the page allocator, they don't have
to deal with all the buddy fragmentation issues we do.

On the other hand, since higher-order page allocations are not
a fundamental operation it might be more difficult for FreeBSD
to implement superpage support efficiently like we can with
the buddy lists.