    SubjectRe: large page patch (fwd) (fwd)
    From
       From: Hubertus Franke <frankeh@watson.ibm.com>
    Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 16:53:39 -0400

    Does that mean that BSD already has page coloring implemented ?

    FreeBSD has had page coloring for quite some time.

    Because they don't use buddy lists and don't allow higher-order
    allocations fundamentally in the page allocator, they don't have
    to deal with all the buddy fragmentation issues we do.

    On the other hand, since higher-order page allocations are not
    a fundamental operation it might be more difficult for FreeBSD
    to implement superpage support efficiently like we can with
    the buddy lists.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.023 / U:0.576 seconds]