SubjectKernel Stack Limit...
Date
Hello.

Please reply to me, since i dont have this email id on the list.

Could someone tell me at what the kernel stack size limit is?

Is there a gcc option for x86 that can warn if too large variables are
specified in the stack?

recently we had a problem with one variable accidently declared on the stack
which was quite large, and when
some calls nested, we noticed stack corruption. Once the variable was moved
to global, the corruption went away. We would always see that some member of

"current" would be corrupted, so when the user mode program exits, we will
notice the files member would be having garbage values.

if there is a compiler option to force that during compilation to point out
such weirdness, or if a runtime check could be done during each function
exit,
it would be really useful.

thanks
ashokr

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.103 / U:0.372 seconds]