    SubjectRe: Loop devices under NTFS
    On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 06:23:48AM -0700, Adam J. Richter wrote:
    > Are you complaining about something in loop.c,

    Yes. Anything but the filesystem itself and the generic read/write path
    is not supposed to use address space operations directly.

    > >Note that there is a more severe bug in loop.c: it's abuse of
    > >do_generic_file_read.
    >
    > Could you please elaborate on this and give an example where
    > it return incorrect data, deadlock, generate a kernel oops, etc.?

    Depending on the filesystem implementation _anything_ may happen.
    With current intree filesystems the only real life problem is that
    it doesn't work on certain filesystems. I think at least the network
    filesystems might be oopsable with some preparation.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.034 / U:0.136 seconds]