    SubjectRe: interrupt latency contains an index to a number of
    Linux distributions. Check out the embeded kernels. They include some
    Realtime mods. As an example, RTLinux claims to do hard realtime by
    running the Linux kernel as it's lowest priority task. This is supposed
    to allow serious realtime work without having to mess too much with
    the kernel.

    Wessler, Siegfried wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am running and will in near future kernel 2.4.18 on an embedded system.
    > I have to speed up interrupt latency and need to understand how in what
    > timing tasklets are called and arbitraded.
    > What's behind it: We patched NMI and do some stuff we have to do very
    > regularly in there. After NMI we have to quiet fast start a kernel or even a
    > user space function with low latency. Also I measured 8 milliseconds after a
    > hardware interrupt before the corresponding interrupt function is called. At
    > RTI time it is even longer (around 12 microseconds). Need to find a way to
    > exactly understand why, and maybe speed up a bit.
    Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426
    Powerful committed communication, reaching through fear, uncertainty and
    doubt to touch the jewel within each person and bring it to life.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.027 / U:4.100 seconds]