    SubjectRe: big IRQ latencies, was: <no subject>
    On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 02:38:59PM +0200, joerg.beyer@email.de wrote:
    > Zwane Mwaikambo <zwane@linuxpower.ca> schrieb am 25.08.02 14:10:12:
    > > On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 joerg.beyer@email.de wrote:
    > > That should fix your slowdown during untarring/disk access, as for your
    > > NIC problem looks like you might be having a receive FIFO overflow, so
    > > perhaps the card stops processing incoming packets? I have no clue,
    >
    > maybe this helps: outgoing transfer (from the laptop to some
    > other machine) is reasonable fast: I could copy gig's of data
    > away, but not to the machine. I asume sending away makes not
    > so heavy use of IRQ's, right?

    A laptop, you say ? And network reception is jamming while
    there is high disk-write activity ?

    /sbin/hdparam -v /dev/hda

    /dev/hda:
    multcount = 16 (on)
    I/O support = 1 (32-bit) <----- ??
    unmaskirq = 1 (on) <----- ??
    using_dma = 1 (on) <----- ??
    keepsettings = 1 (on) <----- ??
    nowerr = 0 (off)
    readonly = 0 (off)
    readahead = 8 (on)

    > does this help?
    > Joerg
    >
    > ps: sorry for the missing subjectline

    /Matti Aarnio

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.023 / U:0.684 seconds]