SubjectRe: IDE-flash device and hard disk on same controller
On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> Oh and it is only useful for borken things like LINBIOS and other
> braindead systems like ARM that violate the 31 second rule of POST.

Is the 31 second rule defined for the PC or for IDE?

This would explain why my Amiga doesn't identify my Conner CP30540A after a
cold boot, because the disk isn't spun up yet. Apparently AmigaOS doesn't
follow the `31 second rule'...

-- Linus Torvalds