    SubjectRe: Interrupt issue with 2.4.19 vs 2.4.18.
    Hi,

    I'm guessing since no one replied it's because either I did not provide
    enough details or the the problem itself specific to my hardware which
    no one has :)

    In an effort to help out as much as I can, could someone shed some light
    on how I can debug this further? What kernel debugging options should
    be enabled? And how can I actually debug this since the system will not
    boot while the problem is happening?

    Thanks in advance!

    -reid

    (please note that 2.4.18 does work _without_ a hitch, but 2.4.19 fails)

    Reid Sutherland wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have a problem with the aic7xxx constantly retrying to initialize my
    > LVD SCSI drives. I'm repeatedly getting a "Command already completed"
    > message. It was mentioned to me that this might be an interrupt related
    > problem (thank you Justin!).
    >
    > My board has a Intel 440GX chipset. From my understanding these are a
    > bitch to deal with and are littered with bugs. I've also read that by
    > enabling SMP or IO-APIC, it should solve this issue. Well, neither does
    > it for me.
    >
    > Does anyone know what could have changed between .18 and .19 that would
    > cause something like this to happen?
    >
    > Any insight would be appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -reid
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.029 / U:31.628 seconds]