    SubjectRe: MAX_PID changes in 2.5.31
    Robert Love writes:
    > On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 18:36, Richard Gooch wrote:
    > > In other words, "yes, unless you happen not to use SysV IPC semaphores
    > > or message queues in any of your binaries on your system". So you want
    > > to break binary compatibility. Please don't. I don't want to downgrade
    > > to glibc.
    > So are you saying we can never deprecate interfaces, just so you can
    > continue using libc5?

    Having a stable ABI to user-space has been one of the strong points of
    Linux, versus just about everything else out there. And I wouldn't be
    using libc 5 if glibc wasn't growing exponentially with time (both in
    terms of total bytes and in terms of number of shared libraries I have
    to add to my link line).

    > Seems saner to keep libc5 in sync with the kernel than vice versa..

    It's not just me. There are people using libc 4.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.021 / U:5.340 seconds]