SubjectRe: IDE?
	I just looked at the patch to switch to "2.4 forward port"
version of drivers/ide. If I got my shell commands right, Martin's
tree is 8606 lines shorter than the 2.4 forward port.

2.4 forward port 49,205 lines
Martin's version 40,599 lines
8,606 lines difference
It's often amazing how much cleaning up it takes to shrink
code a little bit. Shrinking the IDE tree this much is a lot of
work to throw away.

In comparison, I think Niklaus Wirth's Modula-2 compiler for
the Lilith machine was 5,000 lines.

Is the 2.5.31 IDE tree that buggy? I would hope that stamping
out bugs from Martin's tree would be less work than cleaning up
the 2.4 version to that point again.

>If you can work with him, then it would seem he would be well suited for
>the job... Assuming he wants it... Bartlomiej?

I'd be quite relieved if we could convince Bartlomiej to
adopt Martin's tree and continue with Martin's tree as at least
a configuration option.

Adam J. Richter __ ______________ 575 Oroville Road \ / Milpitas, California 95035
"Free Software For The Rest Of Us."