    SubjectRe: ide-2.4.19-ac4.11.patch, late but stable

    Greetings Markus,

    It is a fair question of which I do not have a nice answer.
    I am working on fresh atapi-packet-generic engine but it is not a joy.
    There are oddities like bus-phases or bus-states which their setup and
    feeding of the DMA engine requires a more eligant hammer.

    As much as I hate to concept of a DMA mempool, it looks like the direction
    to follow. Games such as HOST<>DEVICE || feast<>famine of buffer streams
    appear to be the norm to push vast amounts of atapi-dma. The alternative
    is to have device level request queues and have the queues carry the SG or
    PRD list for that portion.

    I am open to suggestions for direction.

    Cheers,

    Andre Hedrick
    LAD Storage Consulting Group

    On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Markus Plail wrote:

    > Hi Andre!
    >
    > * Andre Hedrick writes:
    > >It is out, require 2.4.19 plus -ac4
    > >http://www.linuxdiskcert.org/ide-2.4.19-ac4.11.patch.bz2
    >
    > How are chances that DMA will get enabled for higher blocksizes
    > (c2scans, DAO cd writing, audio CD ripping)?
    > Is there any progress on that field in 2.5.* kernels?
    >
    > regards
    > Markus
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.023 / U:61.016 seconds]