    SubjectRe: large page patch (fwd) (fwd)
    > Ask your legal counsel, and I strongly suspect that if he is any good, he
    > will tell you the same thing. Namely that it's _his_ problem, and that
    > your engineers should not waste their time trying to find existing
    > patents.

    Partially true for us. We do do patent searches to make sure we aren't
    doing anything blatently stupid.

    I do agree with you 100% that it is impossible to ship any software that
    does not infringe on some patent. It's a big point of contention in
    contract negotiations because everyone wants you to warrant that your
    software doesn't infringe and indemnify them if it does.
    Larry McVoy lm at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.022 / U:37.600 seconds]