    SubjectRe: IDE from current bk tree, UDMA and two channels...
    On Thu, Aug 01 2002, Marcin Dalecki wrote:
    > >hey that sucks :-)
    > Since IDE 111 not any more...

    Yeah I just saw that 110 was the 'broken' solution, 111 made it right.

    > >seriously, the better way to do this would be to change the q->queuedata
    > >to be a pointer to drive instead of the channel.
    > ... becouse this is already *done* there :-).

    > >that would work, but I think it would seriously starve the other device
    > >on the same channel.
    > We starve anyway, becouse the kernel isn't real time and we can't
    > guarantee "sleeping" for some maximum time and comming back.
    > We don't reschedule the kernel during this kind of "sleeping".
    > And we can't know that a command on the "mate" will not take
    > extraordinary amounts of time. It's only a problem if mixing travan
    > tapes with disks on a channel.

    I'm thinking about the alternation of the devices so one device can't
    starve the other device off the channel.

    Jens Axboe

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.021 / U:0.316 seconds]