    SubjectRe: oopsen with rc3-aa3
    On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 12:35:39AM +0200, J.A. Magallon wrote:
    > On 20020729 Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > > On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 07:42:38PM +0200, J.A. Magallon wrote:
    > > > Hi.
    > > >
    > > > The new code in rc3aa3 makes a dual Xeon box hang on boot just
    > > > when stating migration threads. I get two simultaneous oops, one
    > > > for migration_thread=1 and =2. Decoded oops for one of them:
    > >
    > > can you find out the exact line of C code that oopses (i.e. what it is
    > > supposed to be edx)? If you can't find it please send me the disassembly
    > > of the function load_balance, thanks.
    > >
    > Assembler listing for load_balance attached, got by objdump -d in
    > /usr/src/linux/vmlinux (correct procedure ?).

    it's not attached but never mind :) and yes it's the correct procedure.

    btw, is it an hyperthreading cpu? Had you any problem with aa2?

    > > Also please try to reproduce with Ingo's latest, I merged a few fixes
    > > for the migration thread startup from his latest update.
    > >
    > Does this mean I can merge Ingo's updates in -aa ? Don't they use any
    > infrastructure not present in 2.4 ?

    I just merged all Ingo's updates, except the new features like
    SCHED_BATCH and SCHED_IDLE, I don't feel they're needed in 2.4 and now
    the o1 is finally stable after the last fixes that apparently improved
    tbench of another 10% and that should avoid the sluggish behaviour under
    high load in smp and now that sched_yield doesn't hang anymore by
    refiling to the expired queue. I only skept those two features (they're
    not even in 2.5 yet).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.024 / U:47.096 seconds]