SubjectRe: 3 Serial issues up for discussion (was: Re: Serial core problems on embedded PPC)
Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Especially, please, let's avoid once for all statically defined table,
> on PPC (specifically on pmac) the table is really dynamic,

Since all of the discussion here has been around "standard" UARTs.....
I know Russell mentioned this, and it has been discussed in the past,
but I'm most interested in being able to include non-165xx style UARTs
in the /dev/tty<something>. Systems may be exclusively non-165xx UARTs,
or a mix of both. The problems to solve are drivers fighting over minor
device numbers and assumptions about the system console.

Thanks.

-- Dan