    SubjectRe: Linux-2.5.28
    Am Don, 2002-07-25 um 03.08 schrieb Linus Torvalds:

    > > So IDE-101 equals to the small snippet of code pasted somewhere in the
    > > evil flamewar?

    > Have you _looked_ at the full changelog? Apparently not.

    I was merely requesting a bit more verbose information in your regular
    changelog, the whole thing is quite exhaustive but this entry didn't
    really fit and contained no useful information at all.

    I will definitely consider reading the "full changelog" although I
    cannot remember having read anything about such a thing before this

    > The snippet was posted as part of the IDE-2.5.27 thread. Go look for it
    > yourself.

    Exactly what I said, no?

    > Most of the IDE stuff is FUD and misinformation. I've run every single
    > 2.5.x kernel on an IDE system ("" has everything on
    > IDE), and the main reported 2.5.27 corruption was actually from my BK tree
    > apparently due to the IRQ handling changes.

    This is very encouraging information that had been missing from the
    threads at all: a success story from a person actually trusting und
    using this thing.

    > The thing I dislike is how people who apparently haven't even read the
    > discussions, and didn't bother to look up the full changelog feel that
    > they are perfectly fine to spread FUD and misinformation about the IDE
    > layer.

    I for one did read the discussion(s) but it's really hard to map IDE-101
    to some tiny patch in a huge tree of mails.

    > Do we have issues there? Yes. But there are actually _more_ problems with
    > people dissing the work than with the code itself.

    I appreciate Martins work and even more your word on it that it's pretty

    Keep on the good work and let us end this thread for good.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.022 / U:32.184 seconds]