SubjectProblems with Mylex DAC960P RAID controller
I emailed this list a couple of weeks ago with problems I was having
with an Intergraph SMP server. I ended up giving up with that box, and
built a new server with a 2 ghz Athlon, 1GB RAM, etc. I kept the RAID
array, however, as it was the most expensive part of the old server, and
is still usable. The array is three 9 gig IBM SCSI-2UW disks on a Mylex
DAC960P controller. The controller was recently updated to the latest
firmware (2.73)

I'm having problems, however, trying to get the card to work. Whenever
I try to insert the module for the card into my kernel, the system
completely hangs. I tried this both with the kernel version that comes
with my distro CD, and 2.4.18, compiling it directly into the kernel
with the latter. In both cases, it hanged when trying to load the
driver. It will display the version information, but that's it.

Any idea what's going on? I just convinced the boss to spend some money
for new equipment, and I'd rather not have to spend more at the moment.
TIA.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.084 / U:0.332 seconds]