SubjectRe: Give Bartlomiej a break! (Re: Impressions of IDE 98?)
At 01:04 AM 7/22/2002 +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Mike Galbraith wrote:
>
> >> Well you don't necessarily have to be an IDE guru to realize something's
> >> wrong when you see a bloke constantly breaking the subsystem, practically
> >> never fixing it up himself, disappearing for a month w/o saying a word
> >> after having fried 2.5.25 completely and not really caring about what
> >> others have to say about the code.
>
> > No, you don't have to be a guru to notice that the rewrite is proving
> > difficult.
>
>You also don't have to be a guru to notice that recently most of the
>content of the rewrite is moving code here and there, unfolding functions,
>renaming them and changing intendation. Check yourself.
>Also imagine how hard is now to track changes from 2.4 to 2.5
>now and fix bugs.
>
>Yup, please give me a break from having to track this changes. :-)
>
>If you go through all the ide-clean patches you will see that much
>of the cruft has been removed, some things fixed but there is still
>plenty of work to do.
>
>Next problem is that Martin seems to not care that his style of
>development (pushing stuff immediately to Linus instead of lkml -> some
>reasonable delay -> Linus) _constantly_ interferes other people doing
>kernel hacking.
>
>I don't want next flamewar or personal bashing here,
>please only _think_ for a while about issues raised.

Oh, I have thought about it. I'm in no way defending Martin (he's a big boy,
can do that by himself) or saying everything's fine. I merely objected to the
content and presentation of the posts I replied to.

-Mike

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:1.001 / U:0.200 seconds]