    SubjectRe: Athlon XP 1800+ segemntation fault
    Date
    > It's something strange with my computer cause not only Linux hangs.On
    > the other disk I've got Win XP and it also hangs ( blue screen,memory
    > dump and things like that...).Almost every component is a brand
    > new(mother board, processor, memory, video card, power supply)

    Check the following things:

    * Cooling - is the CPU fan, especially, working, and not clogged up with dust

    * Memory - try booting Linux with MEM=16M or something - if the problem goes away, it's probably related to memory. Try removing and re-inserting the RAM, and cleaning the edge connectors, (I had a machine run fine for a couple of years, then suddenly keep failing. Cleaning the RAM edge connectors fixed it).

    * PSU - make sure your power supply is suitable for the new CPU, (rule of thumb being 300+ Watt rating on it).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.025 / U:1.372 seconds]